Hello and happy 2015. Every year I invite several dear friends over for a day (now weekend) of crafting, laughing, eating, drinking, and FUN. This year is the first year I’ve held this event on the island, while all of my friends live in California, thus adding some logistics to the weekend (think big slumber party). The theme is crafting and cooking (how yummy is that). The invitation consists of 3 parts:
- The front part is the basic invitation. The images were cut from the Cricut “From My Kitchen” cartridge. The paper is Strawberry Slush, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Baked Brown Sugar, and retired DSP from Stampin’ Up!
The Complete Invitation Packet
Recipe for Crafty Fun Weekend
- The last part of the invitation is the “Menu” which outlines the events during the weekend.
Menu of Events for Weekend
I’m thrilled to say that all of my friends are attending and are making the trip from California to the island for the party. I’m so excited! Now, on to making the fun decorations, games, and goody bags.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy stamping!
New Years’ Goal: Craft more! Post on a regular basis! What’s your New Year’s goal/resolution?
For now, I wish you a very happy, healthy, and successful 2015.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Sue Whitney, aka San Juan Sue
I needed a birthday card immediately. Unfortunately, my creative juices were NOT flowing and I wasn’t able to come up with anything. What’s a person to do? Go to Pinterest, of course. I pin card samples everyday – so why not CASE one when I’m “stuck”. Today’s card comes from this pin . I basically copied it as is.
Thanks Pinterest and Angie@mychicnscratch.com
After taking the photo I noticed I truly was in a hurry as my paper cuts are uneven. Yikes.
Hope you’ll be inspired to use Pinterest as a place for inspiration. Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Today’s card features one of my favorite Christmas stamps – the tree from the retired Snow Swirled set. I combined it with a sentiment from the Endless Wishes set to come up with this holiday card:
Snow Swirled Christmas Tree on Kraft Wrapping Paper
- Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar, and Very Vanilla combine for a very soft, natural look.
- Heat embossing the tree highlights the swirls and elegance of this set.
- Note the background paper behind the tree – it’s the Kraft wrapping paper featured in the holiday mini.
- Small pearls accentuate the swirls on the tree and snowflake.
The inside of the card is very simple:
Snow Swirled Card – Inside
- Retired products, a snowflake die and a sentiment from the Jolly Old Saint Nick set, are featured on the inside of the card.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Stamps: Snow Swirled, Endless Wishes, Jolly Old Saint Nick; Ink: Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party Heat Embossing Powder; Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, Very Vanilla; Accessories: Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy, Square Framelits, Circle Punch, Snowflake Die, Pearls
Last week I had a craft date with a neighbor. I was making my Christmas card (my previous post) using the Wondrous Wreath stamp set and matching framelits. She absolutely fell in love with the set and was so excited that she immediately placed an order. To thank her for her order and to show her the versatility of this set I created this card:
Wondrous Fall Wreath
- Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, and Blackberry Bliss are perfect fall colors. I stamped the wreath with Crushed Curry and sponge daubed the rest of the colors directly onto the stamp.
Hope you enjoyed this simple fall card. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath; Ink: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, Blackberry Bliss, Paper: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
I love the Wondrous Wreath and Wonderful Wreath Framelits in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. So many possibilities with this set and I love that it can be used year-round. However, it is November and it’s time to start thinking of Christmas cards. Here’s my card:
Wondrous Christmas Wreath
- Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, and Cherry Cobbler inks were used to create a traditional Christmas wreath, with a traditional sentiment of Merry Christmas from Petite Pairs.
- An image from Daydream Medallion stamped in craft white ink on Cherry Cobbler creates an elegant background for the wreath.
- Beautifully Baroque embossing folder on Very Vanilla carries out the elegant theme.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath, Daydream Medallion; Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Craft White; Paper: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler
Today’s post was inspired by Pam Strobel at Stamp and Stretch. I loved her idea of turning the pie boxes from October’s My Paper Pumpkin kit into a Christmas tree. I love all aspects of Christmas, especially candle light, so I added a tea light to the bottom of my tree.
Oct. Paper Pumpkin Christmas Tree
- Pine branches stamped on the front and back of the box give it an authentic tree look.
- Cutout stars allow the light to shine through.
- A tea light inserted into a circle at the bottom of the box not only creates a stand for the tree, it also provides the light.
While it is hard to photograph a lighted image, thought I would at least give you an idea of how it looks. It looks much better in real life.
Christmas Tree with Tea Light
I plan on grouping several of these together as part of this year’s Christmas decorations.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping.
Stamps: Ornamental Pine; Inks: Gumball Green (retired); Miscellaneous: Pie Box from Oct. My Paper Pumpkin,1.25 Circle Punch, Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies
Happy Halloween to all. While I will not have any kids ringing my doorbell tonight, I did want to hand out some treats so I prepared treat bags for some special people.
Yummy – Good to the Last Bite
- The Note Tag punch makes it easy to punch out the tag and it layers well with the Chalk Talk framelit.
- Used the last of my Sept. Paper Pumpkin tags for these bags.
Paper Pumpkin Treat Bags
- I showed these on a previous post; however, thought I show them filled. Thanks Paper Pumpkin for making it so easy to quickly create tags.and bags for gifts.
Thanks for stopping by. Be safe, have fun. Enjoy, and happy stamping.
Stamps: Merry Everything, Sept. Paper Pumpkin photopolymer stamp set; Ink: Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss; Paper: Sept. Paper Pumpkin tags, Black, Tangelo Twist
Recently I joined the “My Paper Pumpkin” fanclub. Each month I receive a box filled with stamping goodies to make cute and simple projects.
Since Halloween is this Friday, I decided to utilize the September Paper Pumpkin kit to make treat bags for a group of people I work with. It was easy, fast, and fun! Here’s what I came up with:
- By simply adding a few banners I was able to change the looks of each of the tags at the top of the photo
- I love how easy it is to curve the Happy Halloween sentiment using the new photopolymer stamps
- While I did use some of the stickers that came with the kit, I’m more of a pumpkin fan rather than a spooky fan so I stamped a small pumpkin from the Holiday Home set
Wishing you a happy halloween. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Stamps: September Paper Pumpkin Photopolymer Set; Holiday Home; Ink: Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss; Paper: Tags from PP kit, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss
Today’s card was inspired by the Fab Friday Sketch Challenge (FabFri49), a very versatile sketch that includes double banners! My card is basically the same as the sketch; however, I moved the elements from the right side to the left side of the card:
- Fall colored leaves and a pumpkin create the perfect Fall scene. Images came from the White Christmas, Holiday Invitation, and Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp sets.
- Endless Wishes and the Thanks is for Giving single stamp (retired) were combined to create the sentiment – Season of Giving.
I hope you enjoyed a peek at Fall. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Stamps: White Christmas, Project Life Holiday Cheer, Holiday Invitation, Endless Wishes, Thanks is for Giving Single; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Hello Honey; Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, Color Me Autumn DSP