Today’s card was created for my friend who just received her doctorate – quite the accomplishment! It was inspired by two challenges this week:
Create with Connie & Mary 338 Color Challenge:
and The Paper Players 228 Sentiments Challenge
Here’s my card:
Way to Go! For CCMC338 & PP228 Challenges
- Way to Go! is front and center to serve as the focal point of this card. Small washi tape banners at the bottom help emphasize this sentiment.
- Background sentiments of “you did it” and “congratulations” are lightly stamped in Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping!
San Juan Sue
Stamps: Bravo; Ink: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry; Paper: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Whisper White; Accesories: Banner Punch, Washi Tape
Today’s card is very special as I made it for my son, who is taking command of an Army unit this week. We are so proud of him!
The layout for the card was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches 142 and the colors of red,white, and blue are in honor of my son’s service, as well as the 4th of July.
- Fireworks are stamped using the flowers from Too Kind. Thank you to Mary Brown, StamperCamper for her inspiration of this idea.
- A touch of silver glimmer paper adds sparkle and makes the bravo! stand out
Thanks for visiting. Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July.
Stamps- Too Kind, A Dozen Thoughts; Ink – Real Red, Night of Navy;
Paper – Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
To finish off my first week of blogging, I decided to try another challenge. This time the challenge is Create with Connie and Mary – CCMC293 Sketch Challenge. What a great sketch – so many possibilities. Here’s my card:
- I love the color combination of Smoky Slate, Midnight Muse, Soft Sky, and Crushed Curry
- My stars with pearls mimic the star design in the Sweater Weather DSP
- Congratulations is cut out from the Layered Labels stamp set
Hope you have a wonderful, and creative, weekend.
Another island influence – the love of seashells. For this card I used the Embossed Resist technique:
- Seashells are stamped using versamark and heat embosssed with white embossing powder
- Background color was created by sponging on various shades of blues and a small amount of green
Enjoy, and happy stamping