Today’s card was created for the Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge:
Cool Color Combination
A great color combination that is understated, yet beautiful. Here’s my card:
CCMC342 Color Challenge
- Spring is on my mind – Hello Honey is the perfect color for a spring flower and what goes with flowers …
- Butterflies, of course – A large butterfly using Basic Black and Hello Honey and a small Basic Black butterfly combine for additonal spring elements on the card.
I hope you’ve enjoyed a quick glance at spring. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Enjoy, and happy stamping,
Card Recipe: Stamps - Gift of Kindness, Kinda Eclectic, For All Things; Ink - Sahara Sand, Hello Honey; Paper - Sahara Sand, Hello Honey, Basic Black; Miscellaneous - Butterfly Punches
I needed a birthday card immediately. Unfortunately, my creative juices were NOT flowing and I wasn’t able to come up with anything. What’s a person to do? Go to Pinterest, of course. I pin card samples everyday – so why not CASE one when I’m “stuck”. Today’s card comes from this pin . I basically copied it as is.
Thanks Pinterest and Angie@mychicnscratch.com
After taking the photo I noticed I truly was in a hurry as my paper cuts are uneven. Yikes.
Hope you’ll be inspired to use Pinterest as a place for inspiration. Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Last week I had a craft date with a neighbor. I was making my Christmas card (my previous post) using the Wondrous Wreath stamp set and matching framelits. She absolutely fell in love with the set and was so excited that she immediately placed an order. To thank her for her order and to show her the versatility of this set I created this card:
Wondrous Fall Wreath
- Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, and Blackberry Bliss are perfect fall colors. I stamped the wreath with Crushed Curry and sponge daubed the rest of the colors directly onto the stamp.
Hope you enjoyed this simple fall card. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath; Ink: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, Blackberry Bliss, Paper: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Happy Halloween to all. While I will not have any kids ringing my doorbell tonight, I did want to hand out some treats so I prepared treat bags for some special people.
Yummy – Good to the Last Bite
- The Note Tag punch makes it easy to punch out the tag and it layers well with the Chalk Talk framelit.
- Used the last of my Sept. Paper Pumpkin tags for these bags.
Paper Pumpkin Treat Bags
- I showed these on a previous post; however, thought I show them filled. Thanks Paper Pumpkin for making it so easy to quickly create tags.and bags for gifts.
Thanks for stopping by. Be safe, have fun. Enjoy, and happy stamping.
Stamps: Merry Everything, Sept. Paper Pumpkin photopolymer stamp set; Ink: Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss; Paper: Sept. Paper Pumpkin tags, Black, Tangelo Twist
A perfect sentiment for the anniversary card I made for my husband. I wanted to keep it clean, simple, and masculine – do you think I succeeded?
Happy Together – Happy Anniversary!
- Two white hearts stamped in Elegant Eggplant are perfect for an anniversary card – but still allow it to be masculine, not too “girly”
- A small heart stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe adds a “pop” of color
- Happy together says it all. Even after all these years he’s still the one that makes me laugh and makes me happy
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Stamps – Hearts a Flutter, A Dozen Thoughts; Ink - Elegant Eggplant, Crisp Cantaloupe, Paper - Smoky Slate, Whisper White; Accessories – Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Modern Label Punch
I moved to San Juan island last year and have been meeting new people, new friends. Today is one of my new friend’s birthday – what better way to wish her a very happy birthday than with a handmade card.
⇒ The Endless Birthday Wishes stamp is so versatile and provides so many wonderful sentiments
⇒ Banners imply “party” and “celebration” to me, and the new Banners framelits makes it easy to add this festive touch to your card
⇒ Simply replace the Create-a-Cupcake (retired) stamp set with the new Cupcake Party stamp set to achieve the same look
Stamps – Endless Birthday Wishes, Create-a-Cupcake; Ink – Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding; Paper – Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, 2013-15 In Colors DSP, Whisper White; Accessories – Banners Framelits, Polka Dot Embossing Folder,
I’m always amazed at how different cards look even when they use the same ingredients. Both cards below use the Wetlands and the Sweet Essentials stamp sets. Paper is Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo, and Naturals Ivory. Ink is Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo, and Old Olive.
My First Version:
A sketch from Freshly Made Sketches inspired the layout of this card. I created 2 separate focal areas with the birds in the horizontal panel and the grass in the vertical panel, as well as along the bottom of the card. Two Island Indigo candy dots help balance the color.
My Second Version:
For this card I chose a clean and simple design with the only embellishment being several strands of Linen Thread, Island Indigo, and Early Espresso Baker’s Twine wrapped around the card.
I think the second version is my favorite. Which is your favorite?
Enjoy, and happy stamping!
Here is a very quick and easy (Q&E), as well as clean and simple (CAS) card:
Quick and Easy (Q&E)
- White panel piece is 5.25 x 4; Tall panel is 5 x 1.75; Small panel is 2.5 x 1.75
- A tiny tag with hello and a pearl add a simple touch
Enjoy, and happy stamping