I moved to San Juan island last year and have been meeting new people, new friends. Today is one of my new friend’s birthday – what better way to wish her a very happy birthday than with a handmade card.
⇒ The Endless Birthday Wishes stamp is so versatile and provides so many wonderful sentiments
⇒ Banners imply “party” and “celebration” to me, and the new Banners framelits makes it easy to add this festive touch to your card
⇒ Simply replace the Create-a-Cupcake (retired) stamp set with the new Cupcake Party stamp set to achieve the same look
Stamps – Endless Birthday Wishes, Create-a-Cupcake; Ink – Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding; Paper – Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, 2013-15 In Colors DSP, Whisper White; Accessories – Banners Framelits, Polka Dot Embossing Folder,
Today’s card is very special as I made it for my son, who is taking command of an Army unit this week. We are so proud of him!
The layout for the card was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches 142 and the colors of red,white, and blue are in honor of my son’s service, as well as the 4th of July.
- Fireworks are stamped using the flowers from Too Kind. Thank you to Mary Brown, StamperCamper for her inspiration of this idea.
- A touch of silver glimmer paper adds sparkle and makes the bravo! stand out
Thanks for visiting. Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July.
Stamps- Too Kind, A Dozen Thoughts; Ink – Real Red, Night of Navy;
Paper – Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Wow – I cannot believe it’s been so long since I’ve been able to post anything. Between the remodel and my annual scrapbook/stamp party, it has been difficult to get to the computer. Hopefully, I’ll be able to post on a more regular basis now. Here are some photos from my party:
- The Celebration Basics Kit from the current Spring Mini-Catalog makes it easy to quickly pull together your banner
Close-Up of Banner
- Muffin tin holders make it easy to form the background rosette for the letters
- These cute pouches filled with candy, gum, and Stampin’ Up! Candy Dots and Dimensionals were waiting for everyone at the crafting table
Picnic Baskets filled with goodies
- Everyone received a picnic basket filled with crafting goodies
- Love these crafty gals – we have so much fun together!
Come back tomorrow to see the grand prize – an unique Stampin’ Up gift!!
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy, and happy stamping.
It’s time for my annual scrapbook/stamp party with the girls. It’s a weekend-long event filled with good food, drink, laughter, prizes, and, of course, some crafting. Here’s the invitation:
A very special prize awaits one lucky winner (hint: it has something to do with Stampin’ Up!). Stay tuned for pictures from the party.